Sunday, April 6, 2008

Creative Final Project Idea

The movement and sound exercise that we did the other day sparked another idea for what I may want to do for my final project. In the musicianship classes that I teach we are currently learning beats and rhythms in triple time. The students use beat cards to map out songs and in doing so create a small "score" for the melody of a simple folk tune. What if I had my students create a score for sounds that they heard, lets say on the playground. Using the dry erase board we could map out a rough draft of symbols, pictures and standard note values that they would want to create certain sounds for certain durations. Of course I would break it down in the beginning by brainstorming the sounds you actually hear on the playground. We could list them on the dry erase board and then break up into groups to brainstorm how we are going to create these sounds. Perhaps once we have a rough draft of what our score would look like we could perform a run through of the progressive piece "Sounds of the Playground".
I would want to take video of this process to show during our final presentation however I would need to get permission from the school and parents to make sure they know this video would only be used for my presentation purposes and would not be published in any way shape or form!
In class this week I would like to use our video exercise to do a small draft of what I may attempt to do with my students. I will bring in beat cards and markers with paper because we do not have a dry erase board. From here my peers and I will create a non-traditional score for sounds of the park.
This is just my beginning idea. We shall see where to go next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hemos adjuntado un tracback ingresa en este enlace hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.loscuentoscortos.net hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.juegosde-moda.org hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback fábulas cortas y textos interesantes hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.peliculashindu.com hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback descargar peliculas hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback pelicula20.com hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback recetasfacil.com hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.videntesfamosos.org hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.sitioco.com/ hacia estos articulos
hemos adjuntado un tracback www.lodijo.com hacia estos articulos